We do not collect any personally identifiable information from our visitors:
- We do not require visitors to register in order to access the textbook.
- We do not collect data about visitors' computers or IP addresses.
- We do not display ads on our website.
- We do not sell, rent, or share any personal information about our visitors to or with anyone.
We do collect aggregated data about traffic on the website. The data is used to, for example, identify which chapter is visited or which external link is selected most often. These statistics help us make content-related decisions, such as which chapters or links to maintain, extend, or update.
We track the following text-specific statistics…
- Number of website hits
- Number of hits per chapter
- Number of unique visitors
- Number of downloads
- Number of print-on-demand requests
the following hub-specific statistics...
- Number of clicks on external links (references and external resources)
- Number of clicks per external link (reference or external resource)
and the following traffic-related statistics...
- Source of traffic to website (Google, Bing, ALM)
- Number of links to website from journals
- Countries that access website
We do provide links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We do conduct a short, optional survey when a visitor leaves the website, the sole purpose of which is to improve the site. Participation in the survey is completely voluntary and survey data is only used in the aggregate. The following information is requested:
- In what country are you located?
- Which chapters did you consult?
- Was the information you needed available?
- What other information would be useful?
- What other features, such as animation or video, would be useful?
- Please enter additional comments or suggestions.